Greenhill School’s college counseling program helps students and parents navigate the college selection and application process. We want each student to find the college that will allow him or her to continue to develop the passions and interests they discovered at Greenhill.
We understand that the college selection process is highly individualized. Our four full-time college counselors, with extensive experience at highly selective colleges and independent schools from around the country, meet individually with each student, providing customized guidance throughout the process.
The college counseling program spans all four years of Upper School, and is an extension of the entire educational process at Greenhill.
- Parents and students learn about the college admissions process through large-group sessions with college counselors.
- Visiting college admissions deans frequently come to campus to share their perspectives on the process and offer insight into specific schools.
- Counselors hold small-group sessions with students, advising on campus visits, interviews, and understanding all sections of the college application.
- By eleventh grade, each student is assigned a college counselor for individual sessions, designed to identify schools for visits, applications, and college selection.
- MaiaLearning, a web-based college counseling information system, provides students and parents an additional resource for college information.
- Counselors help families through the financial aid process.