Greenhill School seeks to engage and empower each student in a wide variety of academic and social experiences. The counselors at Greenhill are available to help each student navigate the developmental changes that occur throughout a student’s academic career. The counselors provide support and advocate for students, parents, faculty, and staff; foster emotional, social, and academic well-being; and promote wellness through active listening, problem solving, education, and referrals.
Each of our four divisions provides developmentally-appropriate counseling services by a full-time licensed clinician. Counselors meet regularly with faculty and staff to stay informed and provide information and assistance as needed. Students may be referred by teachers, parents, or self.
- Short-term counseling and crisis intervention for individual students;
- Advocacy for students and families;
- Referrals to outside resources;
- Confidential coordination between outside resources and the school;
- Group support and guidance;
- Wellness programming and education;
- Guidance and consultation with parents, faculty, and staff regarding issues of behavior, emotions, and mental health.