School Day Modifications
Two ways to help reduce the spread of infection include reducing group sizes and limiting the number of contacts that each person has. To that end, we are implementing the following:
REDUCE GROUP SIZES
- Dining will be adjusted to include alternate dining locations for social distancing. (Breakfast will not be served in the fall.)
- Eliminate use of lockers in Middle and Upper School
- Eliminate the use of locker rooms in athletics
- Eliminate shared classroom equipment
- Implement one-way walkthrough routes through buildings where possible
- Limit the number of students in restrooms at one time
- Maintain six feet of social distance in classrooms and throughout campus.
- Faculty to travel to classrooms where possible, especially in Preschool and Lower School.
- No third party enrichment programs/vendors.
- No visitors or volunteers allowed in any building.
- Create a culture where acts of social solidarity that require physical contact like hugs, handshakes and high-fives are replaced with new contactless signals, like smiles, waves and giving a thumbs up.
WHAT WILL THIS LOOK LIKE FOR STUDENTS
Students will remain in their classroom with their teacher and associate teacher. Co-curricular classes (music, art, Spanish, PE, etc.) will be offered in a modified way. Recess will likely be held in designated zones spread out across campus. Lunch will be modified and served in the Preschool building.
Students will remain in their classroom with their teacher. Co-curricular classes (music, art, Spanish, PE, etc.) will be offered in a modified way. Recess will likely be held in designated zones spread out across campus. Lunch will be modified to reduce cross-group contact.
Middle School will adjust schedules to reduce the amount of student travel required between classes. Lunch and break times will be modified to reduce congregation and group size. Break and recess will be held in designated zones near the Middle School. Lockers will not be used to reduce student contact and allow more passing space in the hallways.
The Upper School block schedule will be utilizing A and B days as planned. Student movement during free periods will be restricted to designated study areas. Passing periods will be extended to allow for modified traffic flow. Lockers will not be used. Lunch and break times will be modified to reduce congregation and group size. Seniors will not leave campus for lunch.